Monday, December 14, 2009

Lazy Sunday


Hey everybody! Today was a pretty lazy day, after sleeping in a little too much, after my late night (spent posting the ton of recipes I put up yesterday) last night. Once I finally got up I felt obligated to bake SOMETHING, as Christmas is creeping up closer so quickly! I wasn't feeling up to baking anything complicated or time consuming at all, so I whipped up a batch of cake mix cookies...which should actually be named 2 minute cookies. I feel like such a cheater making these...but they are actually so delicious and pretty that I can't help myself from bakin' up a batch every once and a while!





Cake Mix Cookies

1 (18.25 ounce) package cake mix, any flavor
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix the cake mix, butter and eggs together. Add anything you like to the cookie dough.
Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 8-10 minutes!
Done!

This recipe is so great because it literally takes about 2 minutes to whip together, and you get yummy warm cookies fresh from the oven in a snap! These cookies also stay nice and chewy even after they cool! It's also kind of fun experimenting with using different flavored cake mixes and add-in's. Today I used devil's food cake mix and added in cranberries and dark chocolate chips! They're really yummy...





After baking these I won't lie, I didn't do alot! Which is pretty bad considering I've got my last final tomorrow! It's in the afternoon though so I'm planning on waking up extra early for once and trudging through the -40 weather to the university for a little cramming (my specialty). Wish me luck...

Before I headed off to work tonight I made a really simple and flavorful dinner. I was craving something with a little heat to it in this cold weather, and also something carb FILLED! I just threw together a little pasta for supper with what I found in the cupboard.





All we had was macaroni...so I used that. I found some cans of tuna in the cupboard, saw that we had a couple tomatoes, but no tomato sauce, and went from there! This was actually pretty tasty, so I think I'll write out the "recipe" for it!





Pasta with Spicy Tomato Sauce and Tuna
(these amounts feed four)

1 box of whatever type of pasta you've got

a good glug of olive oil
1 medium red onion
2-4 cloves of garlic
1/2 can of tomato paste
1 cup of water
3-4 tomatoes, roughly chopped
sriracha chili sauce to taste
freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 cans of tuna
1 or 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
fresh cilantro
salt and pepper to taste

Start your water boiling for the pasta.
In the meantime, chop up your onion and garlic, and in a saucepan over medium heat add these two to a good amount of olive oil.
Once they start to cook, add the half of a can of tomato paste to the pot and then the cup of water.
Then add in the tuna, sriracha and let simmer.
Add the lemon juice and vinegar.
When your pasta is cooked, drain the water.
Just before serving add the chopped cilantro and salt and pepper into the tomato sauce.
Enjoy!





It was a good, filling and very quick dinner for a cold night! Anyways, I must head off to bed now so I can get up early tomorrow. I am so excited to be finished exams!

xoxo

Mariel

0 comments:

Post a Comment